Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Read TheShadow of Love – I
Read TheShadow of Love – II


My dear angel, you have taught me to worship beauty and respect cuteness.............................. I have so far opened my heart and revealed my secrets though an ocean of affection is yet to disclose. I am not ashamed of telling the world that I Love You.” I started wording down my feelings. Words after words, lines after lines, thoughts poured out of me, I had all things in the world to tell her. I wrote and wrote, when the rest of the city slept. By the dawn I had written ten letters yet I wasn't contented for I fear written words may not describe my honest feel. Nonetheless, without further pondering over the unconventional chemistry I inbox her.

“David! Someone is trying to reach you on your cellular device, David! Someone is...” buzzed my phone. It was Kate’s wake up call. I let it ring until the last tone and hesitantly greeted her “Good Morning Kate”. She stood silent for few moments. “David, can I meet you in the lobby” her voice was trembling. My heart started racing, something is coming, something unexpected, something unbearable, I thought.

She sat by the window, looking with sorrowful eyes and not speaking. She looked at me briefly when I entered. She was frowning. Her expression was difficult to read. She was about to do or say something that was so difficult to her. Her bottom lips trembled and tears welled up in her eyes. “Dav...  David... Maybe we should stop seeing each other” she said carefully. “I am sorry” she added, dropping her gaze to the floor. “K... K... Kate” I stammered, first with fear and then panic. She did not reply. I kept quiet for what seems longer than eternity. “I am sorry, Kate” I said finally. “No, it’s not your fault; please forgive me for causing you pain” she walked away. Upon hearing so, my heart stopped racing. It might as well stop beating. Sad, it gave an end to everything.
image from google
The cool air I breath was no less a puff of an intoxicating drugs. It entered deep within the valleys of my heart exhilarating every petals of my body. Like a sunken plant in the daylight I was doomed by my love. I walked by my shadow and listened to the rhythm of my heart. I had no direction but went wherever my foot could reach. The eyes, with which I looked at the beauty of spring, could see nothing but the misery of life. The ears with which I formerly heard with delight the songs of waves, could hear only the howling of wind. The soul which had observed the glory of universe was tortured by the knowledge of disappointment and displeasure. I was exiled from my beautiful world with nothing except painful memories flapping like invisible wings around me filling the depth of my heart with sorrow and bringing tears to my eyes. As I walked on I reached the Park, I strolled with Kate on the very first day. I realized it was a peaceful place away from the traffic road, away from the jogging lane, away from the eventful city, so deserted, so secret. I lay down on the ground against the grasses so lonely, looking up to the cloudy sky, thinking of what she said, what I said, what I could have said, could have done and I fell asleep.

The evening chorus of the birds waked me up. Wordlessly, I observed the birds starting to pair up, the males singing to proclaim their territory and attract a female. “Wow, the music is tremendous” I spoke to myself softly. It was already well past five, there were no missed calls on my phone. Kate didn't bother to call. She is probably engaged with her work, I thought bitterly. There were still no calls from her the next day. I had picked up the habit of checking my phone every few minutes, hoping somehow for Kate to call. Probably she would burst out into laughter and tell me she was kidding. Joke of the year maybe. (“Guess what, its April first, I got you David!”) She could point at me and laugh wildly I would forgive her. I would pull an expression, pretend to be annoyed but I would forgive her. Except she wasn't kidding and it was not April. It wasn't a joke.

And as the sun sets I understood she would not call, never again. So I grabbed my phone, arguing whether I should call her. I gathered my thoughts of what to say, as my last, final, saddest goodbye. I buried myself beneath the blanket, placing my head over the pillow and laid down staring at my phone. Mean while it rang. Kate’s name appeared on the screen. My heart was beating fast, as if it was the first time I ever had to pick up a call from her.

“Hello” I said on phone.



happy reading!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carry on your story, bro. I have read the previous two parts. I have been enjoyed reading all three. If you don't mind, you may check the tenses. I found you mixing up between past and present tenses a couple of times in the story. I could be wrong. Please don't mind. Even you can point out my mistakes. I would be more than happy. Cheers! Have a good day, bro.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much bro.... Your comments are noted.. I am sure there would be lot of mistakes in my writing, please do correct me. i would appreciate any suggestions and feedback's from all the readers.

Pema Wangyel said...

liked it!...shall find time to read all others as well.
Also if you can do away with "please prove you're not a robot" thing, so that it becomes easier for those who feel like leaving comments.
Have fun!!

Unknown said...

@ Pema.. thank you very much for dropping up. I ll work on that too. Thank you and keep visiting la...

Jeanette Levellie said...

Thank you for sharing with us, Dorji.

Unknown said...

@Jeanette... thank you very much for dropping your comments.. Thank you for your time... Please visit again..

Rachna Chhabria said...

Interesting story. Liking it a lot :)

Unknown said...

@Rachna.. I am pleased to hear that you like my story... its my first time writing short story...Thank you for encouraging me... keep visiting again..

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib